[iDC] lambda lambda lamda

Brooke Singer brooke at bsing.net
Tue Feb 21 13:03:18 EST 2006

hi joe.
no, of course, i have not forgotten nycwireless! i think the work you
all are doing is important. especially on the lobbying front to open up
the spectrum for more unlicensed use + pushing for affordable access in
low-income neighborhoods. but much of the wireless movement is about
broadcasting or redistributing verizon/time warner and if we are
talking about network neutrality and issues of privacy then we are
building on very faulty foundations. so this group ryan points us to is
interesting since local intranet is a possible way to side step the
corporate conglomerates. of course you don't have instant global reach
but if it is within a dense urban space or area with immediate needs
(like new orleans) then impact is nonetheless very great.
brooke