[iDC] on participation.....

Isabelle Arvers zabarvers at bluewin.ch
Thu Jul 13 12:58:55 EDT 2006

Hello,

As i am a women, i will give here my personnal impression about my
participation to this list or some other english spoken lists. I am
french and as Ana mentionned it before, it is hard to express
yourself in english when it is not your mother language. I am even
often impressed by the high level of the exchanges in lists and feel
a bit desesperate when i want to answer chosing the right words...
Especially about web 2.0...
And the result is that when i do participate, i feel like "attacked"
by other members of the list and i always get the feeling of being
misunderstood and criticised, not for what i said but how i expressed
it.
Would it mean that women are less comfortable with exposure in the
public arena? I really don't know, just my personnal experience.
All the best,

Isabelle Arvers
www.isabelle-arvers.com