[iDC] ISEA Meeting Digest #3

Nina Czegledy czegledy at interlog.com
Sun Jul 30 15:10:03 EDT 2006

Hello All,

The ISEA reception (Inter Society for the
Electronic Arts) is on Tuesday August 8. 6-8 pm
at the San Jose Musem of Art.

it would be great to have an iDC meeting
on Friday - when and where?

nina

>ISEA Meeting Digest #3
>===========================
>
>Giselle  Beiguelman <desvirtual at gmail.com>
>
>trebor, joel and all,
>very good to meet you all there.
>btw, i think we should send to the list date/hour/place of our personal
>presentations. i know yours trebor, but i don't know who else from
>our list will
>be presenting at ISEA.
>
>what do you think about sending this info to everybody?
>it would be great for me to discuss some subjects and topics in a
>face-to-face style with the idc members.
>
>btw, i will be at:
>*New Venture Hall-Tech Museum
>*1:25-1:45pm presenting *For an Aesthetics of Transmission*,
>on Friday August 11th
>more info: http://01sj.org/content/blogcategory/137/146/
>
>gb
>===========================
>Trebor Scholz <trebor at thing.net>
>
>Great idea, Giselle. It'll be good to see you again!
>
>My panel:
>8/10/2006, from 1:30 - 3:30
>Parkside Hall at 150 W. San Carlos
>Street, San Jose, CA 95113.
>

>If you all send me your dates and times
>I can include that in the next digest.
>
>How is Friday evening for the iDC meeting?
>
>-Trebor
>
>===========================
>Janet Abrams <jabrams at umn.edu>
>
>I haven't yet introduced myself formally to this list (will do so
>e'er long). but meanwhile, before other events get planned for the
>same time slot, I wanted to invite [iDC] participants attending ISEA
>2006/ZeroOne San Jose to a cocktail reception and book signing for
>"ELSE/WHERE: MAPPING - New Cartographies of Networks and
>Territories," which I co-edited with Peter Hall, on Friday August 11,
>from 6-8 pm at the Montgomery Hotel's Paragon Bar, 211 South First
>St, San Jose. http://www.elsewheremapping.com
>
>Janet Abrams

Joel Slayton <joel at well.com>:

We are in the 200 hour crunch of preparing for ISEA2006/ZeroOne San
Jose.

No problem in designating a room and time.  The convention center has
a room we can schedule. Its a short walk from the main venue.   Let
me know.  Adam has a pretty full program so although that is a
possibility it may be a tight fit. You can talk with him to see if he

can accommodate.  If so that would be good and more central.  Let me
know how you want to proceed. I am sure we can work something out.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.  <01sj.org>

Joel

Adriene Jenik <ajenik at ucsd.edu>

sounds good to me - there is a faces drink/meet
scheduled for 6pm on thurs, & would be good for
me & some other women I bet if they were not
scheduled at the same time...maybe have it a
little later? or the next day - Friday?

Adriene