[iDC] animism and such

molly wright steenson molly at girlwonder.com
Tue Oct 3 06:27:01 EDT 2006

Did no one here attend Ubicomp? Animism was out in force. In the
opening keynote, Bruce Sterling ranted about (that is, against)
animism. Brenda Laurel, in the closing session, was all for it. Karen
Martin, in the EngD program at the Bartlett, provides a write-up here:
http://www.prusikloop.org/mrwatson/?m=200609

Which reminds me... in 2003, Mike Kuniavsky <www.orangecone.com>
wrote an essay about animism and ubiquitous computing while he was a
founding partner at Adaptive Path.
http://www.adaptivepath.com/publications/essays/archives/000272.php