[iDC] Second Life case studies

Paul B. Hartzog paulbhartzog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 04:02:07 UTC 2007

Greetings all,

I am working on a syllabus for a foundation course at the School of
Information here at the University of Michigan, and we are hoping to
introduce the students to some kinds of thinking about the social web
using Second Life as a case study.

I am looking for recommendations of scholarly/pedagogical papers about
the following:

1. using SL to educate (holding classes in SL, etc.).
2. papers discussing groups that evaluated whether or not to create a
presence in SL (I am interested in documentation of the evaluation
process, not the outcome of the evaluation).
3. information about where to go if a student wants to know more about SL
4. SL "walk-throughs", i.e. what it is, what you can do, etc. (tutorials)

much thx in advance,
-Paul

http://www.PaulBHartzog.org
http://www.panarchy.com
PaulBHartzog at PaulBHartzog.org
PaulBHartzog at panarchy.com
PHartzog at umich.edu
The Universe is made up of stories, not atoms.
                 --Muriel Rukeyser

See differently, then you will act differently.
                 --Paul B. Hartzog