[iDC] Re: The Ethics of Leisure

A. G-C guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Thu Jan 11 07:36:37 EST 2007

Please to know my critical answer today on the question of "what to be done"
being the actual thematic on to Empyre list, which may be is an extended
diverse common debate with the actual discussion on iDC list.

For instance having made a criticism of iDC in another destination I think
that it is cool of it to inform here.

Thanks in advance,

A.

" Whether you want as fine as possible and generously opening claimed, it
stays at my view (and the following quotation of the tribute to Documenta on
the subject of "Bare life" comforts me in this view) that something appears
existentially dividing. It is that the field of art seems to disjoin from
its symbolic task at the moment all the field integrates the expert model of
education through the educated organization from the power, all the more for
a hand as objects of marketing the museums and the flow of exhibitions, for
another hand and all the more that requesting planetary tributes.

All that become really a strictly corporatist expert community more
searching a representative right of credibility through its global
representation I cannot agree with. Because from my part I trust really
something predictable from the popular capacity of create and produce the
relevant structures or dispositions as well the expert research or expert
education: but they are not necessarily linked (I mean that expert research
or education cannot integrate the part of evil of the popular creation so
what missing this best part of social human capacity). At least
Insubordination (whether from not initiated people or from expert entering
insubordination: they are in the same side of what I try to express).

Something too much universal in all these thoughts in the name of respect
the difference and in the view of the certitude of viability of manage the
difference troubles me.

It is not the very problem of your point of view. It is a problem generally
distributed among the good lists, as well iDC discussing to tribute the
discriminating discernment to tribute usefully the research even the social
research coming from Arts or Architecture (in all the senses), as well the
contrary as opening integration of the differences by the reflection.

The question being all the same that one of the representative authority of
the power from what this thought is produced: hierarchy of education and of
sharply its only objectives whatever the situation and the field otherwise
manifest or can manifest.

It is not an ethical problem it is a political problem, beyond the question
of proper power there is that one of killing in fact all eventual emergent
otherness can be only ideas.

I am sorry to say that. It is not a criticism to multi personal subscribers
or curators who tribute this list, but a real question of all the
generalizing disposition of Arts as expert.

I cannot agree this, when all of us knows perfectly how the margin (the
edges) has made gifts of their inventions or creations since one millennium
(the one of the modernity from the monotheism and their succession) and all
the more specially in the scientific discoveries."