[iDC] re: "Praxis-based" Ph.Ds

Margaret Morse memorse at comcast.net
Wed Jan 17 12:03:58 EST 2007

Dear IDCs,

after I posted my thought to make a handbook or digest of concerns
and information (not the great exchanges taking place in your own
words] for my own use, I wondered how to do it.   If my
digest/handbook got any further than my own computer or the list
itself, is it kosher to pass on the digest (aside from its reduced
and abstract style} to immediate colleagues while respecting the
privacy and property rights of posters?  if I did collate ideas and
concerns about the praxis-based Ph.D., whom would I credit--the IDC
listserve or the list of people who specifically participated?  Would
the names be next to ideas or in a list of credits?

Mark posted his concerns about his ideas he is working on for his
book. While some people post every idea they have on their websites,
in other cases it makes sense to withhold one's hard work from
dissemination until publication.

Don't know if I will indeed digest this as anonymous content
(otherwise I could simply cut and paste your words), but I realized
that this isn't simple.  It has ramifications.

--
Margaret Morse
Chair of the Digital Arts and New Media MFA Program