[iDC] Praxis-based Ph.D.s

Ellis Godard egodard at csun.edu
Thu Jan 18 23:31:31 EST 2007

That's lovely as poetry but arguably useless as evaluative criteria. I can
understand how to measure the extent to which a scientific idea is simple,
by asking how briefly it can be stated, or general, by asking how many
situations or settings it applies to. How does one measure "complex in the
simple" or "general in the particular", if those are even meaningful?

-eg