[iDC] sharing "new media" curricula/potentials

Jennifer Kornder jennifer.kornder at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 23:26:12 EST 2007

Tiffany,

I just wanted to thank you for these excellent questions and
encourage as many as possible to answer them!  I have a personal
interest at stake--I am a young (23) artist interested in applying
to  an MFA program, yet I am exploring the question of whether I
should pursue a new media  or more traditional fine arts program, as
I am interested in assimilating my practice so that it includes new
technologies, conceptual rigor, but also fidelity to my love of
drawing and printmaking.  When  visiting schools it can be so hard to
get a grasp of  each program's goals, culture and  vitality of
interdepartmental collaborations.

I'm usually only casually lurking on this list, but this topic has me
glued to every new post!
Thank you all for your dedication to these issues, and your
insightful remarks.
Jennifer