[iDC] Will you delete your Feedburner account?

Burak Arikan arikan at media.mit.edu
Wed Jun 6 12:36:33 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

You've probably following the recent news about the small scale
social web 2.0 companies being acquired by giant corporations (e.g.,
StumbleUpon acquired by Ebay, Feedburner acquired by Google).
Feedburner tracks your blog's RSS feed statistics and shows the
number of subscribers momentarily, daily, weekly, monthly, and
yearly. Now all your data is changing hands, from Feedburner to Google.

Feedburner puts a notice in their sign in interface saying that you
have a right to opt-out, delete your data. If you take no action by
June 15, 2007 (9 days as of today), the rights to your data will
transfer from FeedBurner to Google.

I wonder how you feel about it?

I think this is an important moment to pay attention to how inhumane
the data ownership laws in USA: One who aggregates data owns it.

burak

Note: I also posted this issue in my blog.
http://www.burak-arikan.com/blog/