[iDC] viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace

danah boyd zephoria at zephoria.org
Sun Jun 24 23:47:33 EDT 2007

I've been trying to write an essay for a while about the class
dynamics around Facebook and MySpace.  I finally gave up and realized
that I didn't have the proper words for talking about this issue so I
wrote an essay with caveats.  I offer it to you to tear to shreds in
the hopes that maybe some good can come out of it.  (I didn't include
the full text here because it's long - i hope the link doesn't
discourage folks from checking it out.)  Feedback is *very* welcome.

Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace
http://www.danah.org/papers/essays/ClassDivisions.html