[iDC] please make comments regarding semantic overlay term

Paul Prueitt psp at ontologystream.com
Mon Mar 17 01:27:53 UTC 2008

The "maths" behind OIL are not mature, but are getting close, and yes
those system can be useful.

The barrier that is not understood is still there.

The statement should be:

There is an alternative to OWL, topics maps being one example of an
alternative, that is not explored because of the fixation by people
who somehow have been nominated as the authority.

We all lose because of the non-exploration of topic maps, and of
other and even better alternatives such as n-ary patterns.

The paradigm shift is held back because of the over investment in
something that objectively should not work to the extend that we need
for collective knowledge sharing.

Perhaps you will agree..?