[iDC] attention and the classroom

Michael Bauwens michelsub2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 05:50:30 UTC 2009

Hi Eric,

I wonder about your use of the concept of 'monolithic' and what it exactly means

if you'd say monopolistic it's easy to understand in terms of their dominance

but the information on them is very far from monolithic, as is their usage in terms of attention diversity

so I find your comparison with a lecture confusing, since the use of these media, with multitasking, short attention spans and multi-tasking is almost exactly the opposite ...

thanks for explaining,

Michel