[iDC] neda soltani, race, and digital labor

Lisa Nakamura lisa.lanakamura at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 16:14:08 UTC 2009

Inspired by Trebor's comment "Why do so many people care more about digital
rights management on iTunes, intellectual property, and privacy on Facebook
than about the suffering of people in Rwanda or indeed Neda Soltani (or the
other Iranian students whose death was not recorded)?” I wrote a short essay
on Neda Soltani, race and gender, and citizen journalism that tried to
describe how the interests of digital media users/producers converge with
those of women of color.  You can see it at the place where I blog,
difference engines, which is a transnational women's blog collective, at:

http://www.differenceengines.com/?p=189

Any comments welcome!

Lisa

--
Lisa Nakamura
Director, Asian American Studies Program