[iDC] Just Say Adorno

David Golumbia dgolumbia at virginia.edu
Thu Nov 19 13:47:05 UTC 2009

May I enthusiastically second this as an audience member? I assumed
Martin must have missed your paper, Ayhan, which I think was the last or
second-to-last paper on the panel, and I found it just terrific and
unexpected. The historical connection between Western perceptions of the
Muslim other and computing was astonishing; and I don't think I see you
directly mentioning here, Ayhan, the close historical connection you
demonstrated between the words "automata" and "Turk." I'm still thinking
over all the consequences of this paper more than any other from the
conference, & I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't had a look at
it (is a copy of it on scribd or one of the other conference sites)?

David

--
David Golumbia
Assistant Professor