[iDC] Conference thoughts

Stmart96 at aol.com Stmart96 at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 09:47:42 UTC 2009

Dear All   I want to second  Sean's  statement   below    I especially want
to thank Trebor  for   bringing us together.   I too missed a lot  of the
presentations  but  found those I heard   provocative,   demanding
rethinking our conceptual  frameworks while getting  the details and specifics in
sight.   I wondered most  about  the place of the  digital in theorizing
generally.   How do we put  the digital in  a larger frame .   We certainly  do
think of political economy  and governance  but  how would we rethink the
social, the body, the  aggregate and the questions raised in the round up
session  on  difference race  gender sexuality.   Should digital be  central to
rethinking  other aspects of social  and cultural criticism  and how?
Well  I look forward to ongoing  conversation.   Thanks again all    Patricia

In a message dated 11/19/2009 8:38:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,