[iDC] thought the list might be interested in this: Dictionary of War

Saskia Sassen sjs2 at columbia.edu
Sat Sep 12 17:07:03 UTC 2009

Dear All: I hope it is not bad form to send you this poster about the
conference Cities and the New Wars.

My effort here is to expand the meaning of war and to bring together
people from many different disciplines concerned with a range of issues.

It is also the first time the Dictionary of War wil be in the US
--including several multi-media artists, cyberwar theorists such as
James Der Derian, activists such as  Environmentalists agaisnt War.

below a brief description of the concept and attached a poster with
all details.

saskia

Saskia Sassen
Robert S.Lynd Professor of Sociology