[iDC] Theories of Information Visualization

Simon Biggs s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 13:43:18 UTC 2010

In this context have a look at Alan Blackwell¹s work:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~afb21/vital/index.html
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~afb21/CognitiveDimensions/index.html
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/

Alan¹s work turns the idea of visualisation on its head. Rather than looking
at how data can be visualised using computer modelling this looks at how
visual information can be used to build computer (and other kinds of)
models.

Best

Simon

Simon Biggs

Research Professor
edinburgh college of art
s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
www.eca.ac.uk

Creative Interdisciplinary Research into CoLlaborative Environments
CIRCLE research group
www.eca.ac.uk/circle/

simon at littlepig.org.uk
www.littlepig.org.uk