[iDC] iCollege

John Hopkins jhopkins at tech-no-mad.net
Thu Jul 8 16:53:03 UTC 2010

> I am working on project in many ways parallel to what is advertised at
> the Mendeley page, but  only the web part, i.e. the
> share/discuss/discover part.  Interestingly we are also London based
> but our grant mandates us to release our code completely as Open
> Source, so maybe it could be interesting for you.  We currently have
> just one site: http://philpapers.org/ , it is a web site for
> philosophers, but the engine theoretically should be applicable for
> other research fields.  It is a London University project sponsored by
> a JISC grant.

And I don't see any difference (okay, a front end), but a random sampling of
texts led me to proprietary pay-per-view papers...  Open Source access to a
fiscal firewall?  I can't discuss/share/discover what I can't afford for....

jh

John Hopkins, Artist-in-residence
Center for Land Use Interpretation
http://clui.org Wendover, Utah, USA