[iDC] Intro

John Palfrey jpalfrey at law.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 24 18:59:00 UTC 2011

Hi all:

With apologies for my late self-intro, my name is John Palfrey.  I work at Harvard Law School, where I study and teach Internet and intellectual property.  I'm also responsible for our school's library and am a faculty co-director of our Berkman Center for Internet & Society.  The research and advocacy work that I'm most focused on right now, and which I'll be discussing at Mobility Shifts, is an initiative called the Digital Public Library of America.  The idea behind the DPLA is that we ought to establish a highly distributed, open, public-spirited platform and system to support libraries in the transition to a digital era.  We are just in the early planning stages, but it is very exciting and is starting to gain some traction.  I look forward to discussing it at MobilityShifts!

Best,
John Palfrey