[iDC] Marshall McLuhan Speaks

Michael O'Connor Clarke michaelocc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:56:22 UTC 2011

De-lurking briefly to post a link I hope and believe the group may find
useful.

Thought some of you might enjoy this little project a few friends of mine
have been working on. With the help and blessing of Stephanie McLuhan, one
of Marshall's daughters, we've helped put together this curated online video
archive <http://www.marshallmcluhanspeaks.com/> of select interviews with
the man himself - part of a celebration around what would have been his
100th birthday later this year.

The site is organized into short clips in which Marshall McLuhan explains
what he really meant by such resonant aphorisms as "the global
village<http://www.marshallmcluhanspeaks.com/?video=SAY_003>",
"the medium is the
message<http://www.marshallmcluhanspeaks.com/?video=SAY_005>",
and such. There's also a rather special intro piece from Tom Wolfe, which is
interesting in its own right, IMHO.

Good for challenging misquotations and settling McLuhan-based arguments.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled lurkage,

/m

Michael O'Connor Clarke
http://michaelocc.com
+1.416.893.4941