[iDC] On the digital humanities

Anya Kamenetz anyaanya at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:20:29 UTC 2011

A friend at MIT shared this course listing on Google Reader, interesting
case study:

http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=755
6.893 Philosophy and Theoretical Computer
Science<http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=755>

I thought I’d let *Shtetl-Optimized* readers know about an experimental new
course I’m teaching this fall (starting tomorrow): 6.893 Philosophy and
Theoretical Computer
Science<http://stellar.mit.edu/S/course/6/fa11/6.893/index.html>.
The course was directly inspired by my Why Philosophers Should Care About
Computational Complexity <http://eccc.hpi-web.de/report/2011/108/> essay,
and will cover many of the same topics.  Here’s the description:
This new offering will examine the relevance of modern theoretical computer
science to traditional questions in philosophy, and conversely, what
philosophy can contribute to theoretical computer science.

--
*New ebook!** *The Edupunks' Guide <http://edupunksguide.org/>*
Fast Company column* Life In Beta<http://www.fastcompany.com/user/anya-kamenetz>