[iDC] Defending UC

George Siemens gsiemens at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:27:31 UTC 2011

Anya, can you detail how learning occurs in spite of the system, not because
of it? In my experiences with at least that many universities in at least
that many countries, I've found the opposite to be true - at undergrad,
grad, and post-grad levels. The university is a spectacular place for
learning - among the best that humanity has ever produced.  The system has
become ill and needs to be rethought. But tremendous learning, innovation,
research, and knowledge development continues to occur in these systems.
Your statement seems off-the-cuff and completely untenable.

George