[iDC] iDC Digest, Vol 91, Issue 15

Doris Allhutter doris.allhutter at oeaw.ac.at
Mon Jun 16 10:59:12 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

my name is Doris Allhutter and I am very excited about taking part in
this great conference!
I am a researcher in science and technology studies in Vienna and I am
interested in how information systems co-emerge with ideologies and
hegemonies in society and organzations, in the affective, discursive and
material entanglements of systems and the practices they entail in
development and use contexts. In doing this, I focus on the
trans/formation of gender and class relations.
I have published a book on digital pornography (in German
http://www.campus.de/buecher-campus-verlag/wissenschaft/politikwissenschaft/dispositive_digitaler_pornografie-3441.html)
and have done some experimental art work on the topic too.
Currently, I am researching development practices in the field of
semantic technologies using concepts of ideology, hegemony,
performativity and agentive materiality. And part of this I will present
to you at DL14. I think that from a politically engaged STS perspective
it makes sense to try a characterisation of such an emerging technology
that takes the material-discursive conditions of its production into
account. Therefore, I will sketch a framework for the analysis of
co-emerging computational and economic practices that grasps the
entanglement of capitalist structures with ideologically invested
micro-work practices.

I am really looking forward to meeting you all in November!
Best,
Doris

Mag. Dr. Doris Allhutter
Institut für Technikfolgen-Abschätzung
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Strohgasse 45/5
1030 Wien

Web: http://www.oeaw.ac.at/ita/allhutter
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Institute.of.technology.assessment