[iDC] introduction

Andreas Wittel andreas.wittel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:52:38 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am teaching and researching in the UK, at Nottingham Trent University. My
research is about the intersection of capitalism and digital technologies.
I am particularly interested in the digital commons and its potential for a
new mode of production. At the conference I will discuss some of the
obstacles that the development of the digital commons is facing. They have
a lot to do with labour - however not so much with free labour, but with a
general state of exhaustion created in the neoliberal wage labour society.

Most of my work can be accessed here:
https://nottinghamtrent.academia.edu/AndreasWittel

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the conference.

Andreas