[iDC] says-us conference questions

Lilly Irani lirani at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 13 04:49:41 UTC 2014

Frank -

Thanks for the orienting questions! I hope we will talk about these as
well.

Niloufar Salehi's talk on Dynamo will talk about at least one attempt to
support action based organizing among an online-only work community. I'm
looking forward to seeing what others know about organizing across
offline/online.

The Design the Future of Networked Work workshop on Sunday is one place
where we can sit down and think speculatively about possible tools for self
organizing. I hope others interested in actions moving forward will think
about coming.

Lilly

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 6:16 AM, Frank Kashner <fkashner at gmail.com> wrote:

> In our preparation for this conference we are focused on the following
> questions and their relevance to our says-us / gnunion projects. We are
> looking forward to rich conversations in the conference and in our and
> other’s workshops.
>

> ·       How do problems of Digital Labor (DL) compare to those of non-DL,
> unorganized labor?
>
> ·       How do we understand the current strategies and tools being used
> to attempt to improve pay and working conditions for Digital Laborers?
>
> ·       Can we imagine more tools to help all of labor to be able to
> self-organize?
>
> ·       If so, how can they be implemented?
>
> ·       Can we add action based organizing to current predominantly
> reputation based organizing?
>

> Frank Kashner
>
> Says-Us.Net
>
> info at says-us.net