[iDC] Introduction

Rochelle LaPlante rochelle at rochellelaplante.com
Thu Oct 30 19:50:57 UTC 2014

Hello,

I’m a new addition to the participants for Digital Labor and wanted to send a quick introduction. My name is Rochelle LaPlante and I’ve been a digital worker on Amazon Mechanical Turk since 2007. I am a moderator for one of the major turker forums, MTurkGrind.com and I’m also a moderator for the Mechanical Turk subreddit on Reddit, /r/mturk. I’m primarily focused on rights for digital workers, fair payment and practices, and communication between workers and those who provide the work (requesters on Mechanical Turk). My background is in social justice and poverty issues with interests in digital culture. I have a BA in Human Services from Western Washington University. My profile for the event is here: http://digitallabor.org/participants/rochelle-laplante

I’ll be participating in a panel moderated by Lilly Irani about micro labor platforms, being a digital worker, and activism among workers. I look forward to meeting you all!

Thanks!
Rochelle LaPlante
Twitter: @Rochelle