[iDC] self-intro

Kati Sipp kati at hacktheunion.org
Fri Sep 26 01:00:59 UTC 2014

I’ve been lurking on this list for months, and I should really introduce myself.

My name is Kati Sipp, and by day, I’m the director of Pennsylvania Working Families (an offshoot of the Working Families Party—we are not yet a political party in PA).

I’ve spent 20+ years as a political and union organizer—starting in the peace movement in California, and then I spent about 15 years (on and off) working for various parts of the Service Employees International Union. My last job in the labor movement was with SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania, where I served as Executive Vice President and Political Director of the local.

I left that gig a little over a year ago, and spent some time working as a consultant and starting a blog (Hack the Union) which is aimed at getting people in the economic justice movement to think about the future of work—and to be running campaigns that address the challenges that workers of all stripes face in the economy of the 21st century.

I have a deep and abiding love of technology, and I want to make sure that we develop an economic structure where the benefits of technology are felt by all—not just the richest among us.

I’m very much looking forward to this conference, and to meeting many of you in person.

Kati

--
Kati Sipp
Sent with Airmail