[thingist] Snowden, the NSA, and Free Software – Bruce Schneier and Eben Moglen (video)

w w at thing.net
Mon Dec 16 20:58:57 UTC 2013

After Glenn Greenwald first received his stash of secret documents from
Edward Snowden, one of the first people he consulted was security
expert, cryptographer, and writer Bruce Schneier, who helped him review
and digest the documents. A few weeks back we saw Bruce give a briefing
on Capitol Hill in Washington DC, where he advised lawmakers to rein in
the NSA, and the Internet community to pro-actively design
countermeasures. On December 12 2013, as a follow up to his Snowden and
the Future talk series Eben Moglen hosted A conversation with Bruce
Schneier at Columbia Law School. They talked about what we can learn
from the Snowden documents, the NSA’s efforts to weaken global
cryptography, and how we can keep free software tools from being
subverted. The talk was webcast live via the Internet Society Chapters
Webcast Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Sc6pUR1mA&feature=youtu.be

Columbia Law School
Software Freedom Law Center