[thingist] [Fwd: this...]

w w at thing.net
Sun Jun 26 12:25:40 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-06-26 at 09:27 +0200, christoph draeger wrote:
> And, together with Keith, Peter and Wolfgang are celebrating:
> Strache, LePen, Wilders etc!

Yes, we should just steal their ideas:  more regional power, get rid of
the nation states, get rid of the technocrats, get rid of TTIP, etc.

Then we should attempt to set up a Europe of regions - Scotland,
Bavaria, Catalania, Alsace-Lorraine, Bohemia and so on, maybe 50, 60 or
more.  Maybe Peter Fend can draw them up.  We also need a real European
Parliament with real powers and finally create a democratic European
Republic.

I think the fact the Blimeys are leaving (hopefully - but as Mukul's
link suggests, they might not) offers real opportunities for advancing
the EU project.  The UK was always opposed to "ever closer union," so
their departure could finally bring some movement to get rid of the
constipated Bruxelles regime.

But of course, all this will not happen automatically, just by itself.
It will need some serious work by people who still can give a damn...

A conference on the subject is planned in October in Berlin, organized
by Dispari & Dispari and THE THING.