[thingist] Eco-tax regions of Europe

pffend Fend pffend at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 29 09:27:01 UTC 2016

102 years after the shots that started, thanks to a betrayal in Vienna, a prolonged World War,
geopolitically, the start of an ongoing war for control of petroleum, and of Africa,
witness the bomb blast at an airport named after the Ottoman victor of Gallipoli, 100 years ago,
we seize an opportunity in the return of Britain to its standard separation from the Continent,
for setting up TELEVISION GOVERNMENT
or GOVERNMENTFROM SPACE
in line with the space technology and AI tecnologies of our time
sustaining itself byECOLOGICAL-DEPLETION TAXATION,
orECO-TAX
in watersheds of Europe
a formal list being prepared today,
with these historical and hydrological recognitions.
Towards a re-structuring of Europe,

   beyond the nation states to a much-more permanent form:  of basins,
an action already achieved in 1670-1870with Prince Rupert Land in North America.
This was correspondence with long-timeOcean Earth colleague Wolfgang Staehle,and current Ocean Earth stakeholder,now in LA, Catherine Griffiths.
We seize the opportunity of BREXIT formaking the Europa flag flown at Documenta,to replace the normal 12-star EU Flag,truly replace the 12-star EU flag.
Art not only can make policy, but should.
With the current vacuum in policy, we move fast.
We assemble the already-produced images,including the proposed Britain flag recentlyshown at the national museum in ... Brussels,to show how a European Union can proceed.
Addressed first to Wolfgang Staehle, colleaguein the attempt at an avaant-garde since 1975.
I have spent decades campaigning for a watershed approach to geography.
Ultimately, these would be within saltwater basins, not just freshwater ones.
The art authority for this comes from the 20th century artwork said byart historians to be the most influential:  the Urinal, by Marcel Duchamp.
I guess influential means... influential.
Can it influence policy?
Can it influence Europe?
Shall we use military history?
The coincidence of watershed limits and decisive battles frequently occurs(Verdun, Stalingrad, Waterloo, Gettysburg, DienBienPhu, Nomonhon, the perimeterof NY Bight Basin and Oriskany, Monmouth, Princeton, Bennington, Saratoga,Koeniggratz, Smolensk, even the division today of Ukraine along the line(also of Karkhov and Kursk) separating the Sea of Azov from the Gulf of Odessa)
that I believe that Europe, or Civil War USA (notice the final line of battle,leading to Appomatox), or East Asia, where wars have been frequent and big enough,
could organize by watershed, particularly to salt seas, and correlate this substantially with the lines of decisive battle.
Even TeutobergerWald, which lies on the line separating two majorflows to the North Sea.
So that any watershed approach to territory need not be sanitized science,or some technocracy.  It coincides enough with the history of human struggleto be accepted as part of the evolution of humanity.
The British who voted against the EU did not want to have Brussels' bureucratsbe guiding the evolution of humanity.
In Berlin now, the Neptun Brunnen, soon or just moved to the Schloss, representsfour rivers of a one-time Prussian Reich, as of 1890.   Rhine, Elbe, Oder, Weichsel.
There is no Danube in this.
The Danube is assumed to belong to Bavaria-born Sissi and her friends in Austria.  Exactly.
Altogether, it is not hard to advocate an organization of Europe by its watersheds
scientificallyadministrativelyhistoricallyculturally
As the Deutsche Historisches Museum front-lobby display shows, there is no fixedness ofthe borders of "Germany."  So, why have a European Union made up of names of extremely-elastic territory.  Rumania today is not the Romania of a hundred years ago.  And so on.
Hence my desire to see Europe organize around its soil and water, in its rivers to the sea.
This seems to have also been Napoleon's ambition.  his Grande Armee, invading russia, was a pan-Europen force (like NATO today, rattling sabers with Russia), was an army of a peninsula, called "L'Armee des Cotes de l'Ocean.'  Fortress Europe certainly has a coast, on all but one side.  Napoleon also labeledseveral of his armies according to rivers, e.g., Army of the Rhine.  If there is an administration ofthe Rhine, then Alsace-Lorraine are subordinated to that, and we depart from the Vauban/Colbert notion of a "nation carre", or fortress France. We have instead, as Napoleon sought, a revolutionary message throughout all the river basins and coastal regions of Europe.
Here are some of the basins which basin mapping has given an identity.
FIRST, SEE EUROPE AS A PENINSULA, LIKE A SHIP.ITS BOW IS IN BRITTANY.  IT'S ALSO CALLED COTE D'ARMOIRE.ARMOR THIS BOW, GIVE IT A SPECIAL IDENTITY, HONOR BOTH SIDES,AND YOU HAVE A BRITTANY THAT SPLITS EUROPE INTO TWO PARTS:
TO THE SOUTH, extending int the Mediterranean, Black, Caspian Seas
TO THE NORTH, flowing into the Irish, North, Baltic and Barents Seas
France can defer to Brittany and take this lead, of serving asthe bow that splits Europe into two very-different administrative (and tax)regions.
Many eco-tax districts can be formed.  Each is a soil-water unit.Here are some, set under terms of the Regional Seas Program of theUnited Nations Environment Program, and mandated further by theItaly/Palau/Monaco ocean initiative.
TO THE SOUTH
Iberian Current  Loire Basin (one of the few river basins in Europe with nearly no dams)  Aquitaine  Basque Region  Galicia  Andalusia Mediterranean Basin  Rhone (Burgundy)  Catalonia  Andalusia east  Corsica  Sardinia  Sicily  (in ancient tradition, partitioned by its water-flows down slopes)  Tyrrhenian Sea regions of Italy    Adriatic Sea regions of Italy, plus    Gorizia (Isonzo( basin (much fought for in WW I)    South Tirol (Adige)    Dalmatia (a distinct region for Napoleon)    Montenegro    Albania  (three-way split at apex, Kosovo)     (give new significance in the Balkans to Kosovo)
  Cyprus, in two (or even three) parts   acknowleding the Greek and Turkish slopes
  Macedonia (Vardar, to Gulf of Salonika)
  Levant slope of Syria/Lebanon  Orontes River basin
Black Sea  Bavaria (Donauland)  the 'adhesion' to Prussia only since 1871  Moravia   Dniestr (or Moldova plus Transdnistria), flowing into a sub-sealevel bay)  Gulf of Odessa (west Ukraine0  Sea of Azov (east Ukraine)  western Georgia  at issue:  Upper Don; do we follow initiatives of Pasha Sultan 1597 and Peter the Great   (1698) for a diversion to the Volga, and further esst, to supply the Aral Sea?
Caspian Sea  river basin programs, with massive Caucasus snowmelt and runoff, for  now-separatist North Ossetia and Chechnya (e.g., Argun River)  manage Volga and Ural Rivers for, maybe with diversions, to increase Caspian salinity  administration can be headquartered in Moscow, but would be scientific, not nationalist
TO THE NORTH
Irish Sea-Atlantic Approach to British Isles:  Irish Republic and western England  where saltwater-bay mapping, in hydrometric areas, was legally defined, 1959
-North Channel and Western Scotland:  Northern Ireland is oceano-hydrologically  separate from the rest of Ireland
North Sea-Eastern Scotland and Eastern (North Sea) England
-Schelde Belgium as distinguished from Meuse Belgium
-Bohemia, uplands of Elbe Basin  (upper limit near Koennigratz, fateful battlefield)
-Upper Rhine, to Bodensee              to Basel
-Kattegat, drained into chiefly by westward-sloping Sweden
Baltic Sea-two rivers of Poland, Oder and Vistula-Gulf of Finland, including Karelia (jointly administer with Russia)-Lapland: Kemojoki and Torne Rivers, between Finland and Sweden
Barents Sea-basin roughly aligns with one Oblast (Russian regional-state); align further
ICELAND-traditionally, the country is divided by its saltwater bays; these are the internal borders use this as a model for eco-tax administration
Much of what we promote these days will depend on which countries gain the spotlight with the European Cup, a modern-day version of territorial struggle with ultimate uncertainty: i.e., war.
Will it beIceland   with traditional Viking partitions into fjord and bay basins, by mountrain ridgeWales     Irish Sea state with three coastsPortugal  with "Seaweed Energy Solutions" and huge stakes in the ocean, in between            Galicia and Andalusia in the sub-divided Iberian basinFrance    at the bow of the peninsula of Europe, dividing Gulfstream waters northward or southwarsGermany   with Rhine/Weser/Elbe, but allowing a separate regime for Danube, and           linking Bohenia (Czech) to the Elbe, at least for flood control; Rhine is sharedItaly     most regions flow either to the west or the east, with only Calabria and Puglia as exceptions          has an all-planet Oceans proposal, for the UN; if they win, play this upBelgium   can be split into Schelde and Meuse basins, well-known already to architects & planners          (as distinguished from the fatiguing language split; which Switzerland overcomes)Poland    if winning, could propose a much-stronger cohesion of the Baltic, accomodating with Russia
Already, there are UN Regional Sea administrations for  Mediterranean, and subsets like Adriatic and Aegean Black Sea Baltic Sea
And already, there are treaty agreements for rivers in the North Sea Basin, and for the Caspian Sea
Expand these treaty agreements.
All satellite datas received at the European Space Agency ground stations can be thus organized.
For TVGOV
Peter Fend

ine

Sea of Azov Ukraine, as distinguished from Gulf of Odessa
SardiniaSiciliaAdriatic Italy as against Tyrrhenian
Scotland, in two halves, as mapped out on commission in Aberdeen  and vey different in ecology from England in two halves, further south
All these can be ecologically taxed and governed.
More soon,
Peter