[thingist] Sixteen Beaver / Society of the Friends of the Virus Volume 4

Caspar Stracke kasbah at thing.net
Mon Aug 10 15:00:56 UTC 2020

(by way of Sixteen Beaver)

Society of the Friends of the Virus Volume 4 /

LIFE IS NOT A COMMODITY
LANGUAGE IS NOT A COMMODITY
EARTH IS NOT A COMMODITY
HEALTH IS NOT A COMMODITY
KNOWLEDGE IS NOT A COMMODITY
AIR IS NOT A COMMODITY
WATER IS NOT A COMMODITY
LAND IS NOT A COMMODITY
A COLONY
THE COMMODIFICATION/COLONIZATION OF LIFE LANGUAGE EARTH
MUST BE BROUGHT TO A HALT, PROLIFERATE THE STRIKE*

Here is Volume 4:
http://centreparrhesia.org/vol_4_society_of_the_friends.pdf <http://centreparrhesia.org/vol_4_society_of_the_friends.pdf>

*The notion of strike invoked here, as well as other points emerging in this volume have been elaborated or engaged with in previous volumes. All of them can be found here:

http://centreparrhesia.org/ <http://centreparrhesia.org/>

Videos from Previous Assemblings

We are hopeful to have more soon, but the most recent video we have shared in the link below is our meeting on 'milpa' (as it is practiced and nurtured by comrades in the Yucatan) as a way of thinking concretely around convivial tools which can hold together social infrastructures of community.

To view visit:
http://16beavergroup.org/assembling/ <http://16beavergroup.org/assembling/>

Testing Assembling - Movement 18 - Valiana Aguilar and Ángel Kú on Milpa and the Social Infrastructures of Community with Center for Convivial Research and Autonomy

Also, to have a sense of the questions that were present in the context of struggles in Beirut before and during the pandemic, which the recent explosions are expression and exacerbation of, you can watch Movement 9, in which our friends Haig Aivazian and Göksun Yazici shared notes on the situtaions in Lebanon and Turkey respectively.

to unsubscribe:
general-leave at 16beavergroup.org <mailto:general-leave at 16beavergroup.org>