[mapping] mapping proposal - Trebor

Mylene Goudet cenadinamica at uol.com.br
Fri Dec 17 12:33:55 EST 2004

Hello Trebor and friends,
I'm Mila and I expect being with you in this work.

I would like to frame the town center as a working area, like Arthur.
I'm deeply interested in relations and neighboorhood created between 'oficial' inhabitants of the old center and the homeless people who ocupy it pointing different ways of living -  fragile and instable forms, subversive use of the public equipaments, etc.
But once the focus is on  the relations and its complexity, I believe that the resulting graffic would not point dots on the map, but blurred zones around dots on the map.
As written by Ignasi de Solá-Morales, when talking about architecture's critical role, criticism today can undertake the production of maps or descriptions wich, like topographical charts, reveal the complexity of a territory...

And for the purpose or use of the SPMAP? we are going to build, I'll talk trough the same author:
Criticism is thus not the recognition or manifestation of branches but is itself a construct, purposefully produced to cast light on that situation, as a means of drawing the topography of that point where a certain architecture has been produced.

Sorry for my poor english and I hope my friends can give me a helping hand when I have to write in portuguese.