[iDC] Spammer de la Silicon Valley

Frank Pasquale frank.pasquale at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:55:42 UTC 2007

Dave & George,

I too was aghast at the Keen post.  What provoked it?  Does it address any
of the concerns raised in the critiques posted a few months ago?  I suppose
the Colbert/Viacom concession is relevant, but says nothing about Viacom's
own toleration <http://slate.com/id/2152264> and
encouragement<http://www.boingboing.net/2007/08/30/infringing-viacom-cl.html>of
infringement when it serves the company's purposes.

If he decided to spam us all with an irrelevant reminder of the book's
notoriety, he embodies the very
vices<http://madisonian.net/archives/2007/06/29/keens-kakistocracy/>
he
accuses the net at large of harboring: mindless attention-grabbing,
unwillingness to engage in serious dialogue, and even a "theft" of attention
parallel to "pirates'" disrepect for IP.

--Frank