[iDC] shelf life

Craig Bellamy txt at craigbellamy.net
Sat Nov 17 13:02:41 UTC 2007

Hi Simon,

You make a strange and rather reductive argument that appears to be
based on a one page form. Up to 50% of all research output in the
humanities in the UK has some form of digital output. This has very
little to do with a one-page form nor the AHDS.  And it isn't a matter
of incorporating 'electronic resources' into research. In most cases, it
is research in itself. Sure we don't like Bureaucracy and the other
burdens of modernity (like computing itself); but I am sure you wouldn't
hesitate in taking public money (obligation free of course).

Craig