[iDC] - My Digital Footprint

Tony Fish - AMF Ventures tony.fish at amfventures.com
Thu Apr 8 13:54:13 UTC 2010

As a long term reader of the list, I am delighted to let everyone know about
my new book - which is free to read in bit format at
http://www.mydigitalfootprint.com/ or you can buy it in atom format from
Amazon.

My Digital Footprint - “where your privacy will be someone else's business!”
is a strategy and business book on identity, privacy, trust and the future
direction of the Web.  In this book I explore where next for the Web, the
emerging business models, how value and wealth will be created and
critically who owns the digital you.

About My Digital Footprint.
Irrespective of personal preference, we all leave digital footprints behind
us and they are about much more than just identity. Digital footprints are
about where we have been, for how long, how often; with whom and the
inter-relationships we formed in getting there. Digital footprints are
memories and moments, they are not your personal identity, your passport,
bank account or social security number.
My Digital Footprint is about this digital data created from your
interactions with electronic devices, (such as mobile phones, web PCs and
TVs). This data has significant value when analysed in real-time, to create
services with colour, focus and relevancy for you as a user, as well as to
brands who want to own your whole digital life experience.  Digital
footprint data is valuable and is the reason why the ownership of this data
class is the Web’s next battleground.
The dark side of My Digital Footprint is big brother on steroids, no
control, no trust, no privacy, no value. The enlightened view is not without
fears but consumers will have value in exchange for privacy as companies
wrestle to control and own your data.

A few supporters
“Tony instinctively asks the right questions about the convergence of mobile
and digital, demonstrating the emerging importance of mobile as a media
platform and the rich data which it can provide for brands to leverage
consumer behaviour.” Pekka Ala-Pietilä, co-founder and CEO of Blyk.
President of Nokia Corporation (1999-2005)

“It was Oscar Wilde who first suggested that one's life was a work of art
over which one should be able to assign rights. Now, with this suggestion,
Tony is successfully applying Wilde's suggestion to the digital world. It is
a vital suggestion to break what will otherwise be an interminable deadlock
in the debate over privacy.” Rory Sutherland, Vice-Chairman Ogilvy Group
@rorysutherland

Delighted to take feedback, insights and opinions

@tonyfish
tony at mydigitalfootprint.com