[iDC] Replacing Facebook

Tony Fish - AMF Ventures tony.fish at amfventures.com
Thu Jun 3 07:41:14 UTC 2010

Toy or tool - The question is what is the Utility Value (aka economics) of
Facebook. The FB response is communication and sharing, but I remain
sceptical if this is their true utility.

I was interested in Magnus' response from Sweden and comparing and
contrasting this to others I have seen, it is evident that local usage and
positioning is very different.

The youth like technology (and FB) as it is a place that they can go to hide
from parental control (old well established research).  The more controls
you bring in the faster the youth will migrate to a new platform.

 So what do you view as the Utility Value of Facebook?

Tony

http://www.mydigitalfootprint.com <http://www.mydigitalfootprint.com/>