[iDC] On the digital humanities

Anya Kamenetz anyaanya at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:52:14 UTC 2011

I wasn't holding it up as an example of a digital course.
There was a discussion a few weeks ago about how the humanities--as a
subject area--might be relevant, or not, to technical disciplines.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Stephen Downes <stephen at downes.ca> wrote:

>  On 09/12/2011 3:20 PM, Anya Kamenetz wrote:
>
> A friend at MIT shared this course listing on Google Reader, interesting
> case study:
>

> I'm sorry, what is this a case study *of*?
>
> It's a standard MIT course, challenging but interesting, with a few
> materials available online, but not the texts, and with a closed wiki and
> assignments area.
>
> -- Stephen
>

> --
>   [image: Signature]  Stephen Downes
>  Research Officer, National Research Council Canada
> 100 rue des Aboiteaux, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada E1A 7R1
> Website: http://www.downes.ca ~ Email: stephen at downes.ca

*New ebook!** *The Edupunks' Guide <http://edupunksguide.org/>*
Fast Company column* Life In Beta<http://www.fastcompany.com/user/anya-kamenetz>
*Tribune Media column* The Savings
Game<http://www.tmsfeatures.com/columns/business/personal-finance/savings-game/>
*Book* DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs and the Coming Transformation of  Higher
Education
<http://www.amazon.com/DIY-Edupunks-Edupreneurs-Transformation-Education/dp/1603582347>
*Blog* DIYUbook.com <http://diyubook.com/>
*Twitter *@Anya1anya <http://twitter.com/#%21/anya1anya>