[iDC] Introductions continued...

Astra Taylor examinedlifedoc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:15:48 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

My name's Astra Taylor.  I'm excited to attend the conference -- I was a
fascinated audience member lurker at Playground and Factory. Thanks for
Trebor and crew for convening these unique gatherings.

I'm a doc filmmaker -- I directed the philoso-films ZIZEK! and EXAMINED
LIFE -- and am beginning work on a third tentatively titled WHAT IS
DEMOCRACY?

Alongside fellow presenter Andrew Ross I'm active in the Occupy offshoot
Strike Debt and its Rolling Jubilee debt abolishing campaign (stay tuned
for a big announcement on Wednesday). I'm also sister to Andrew's
co-panelist, Sunaura Taylor.

I wrote a book that came out this April from Metropolitan/Holt called "The
People's Platform: Taking Back Power and Culture in the Digital Age.

And for the last year I've been on the road playing with the band Neutral
Milk Hotel.

Some combo of these various and occasionally random-feeling threads will
manifest as part of the conference. Not sure how yet. In any case, I'm
looking forward to hearing from and meeting all of you.

Astra
www,hiddendriver.com