[iDC] Introduction

Sunaura Taylor sunaurataylor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:54:49 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

My name is Sunaura Taylor. I'm currently a PhD student in American Studies
at the Department of Social and Cultural Analysis at NYU. I'm also an
artist, mostly a painter. I received my MFA from the Department of Art
Practice at UC Berkeley in 2008 and am currently working on a graphic
novel.

My research focuses on disability studies and animal studies. My book *Beasts
of Burden, *which examines the intersections of these two fields, will be
released October, 2015 with the Feminist Press.

What brings me to the conference is a longtime interest in disability and
work. I'll be presenting with labor scholar Andrew Ross, examining how
digital labor impacts disabled people and conceptions of disability.

I'm also the sister of fellow conference panelist and filmmaker Astra
Taylor.

I look forward to the conference!

-Sunaura
--